Bezdez vs GFS for small parts

Discussion in 'Gear Chat' started by aceleroy, Feb 13, 2010.

1. aceleroy

aceleroy New Member

I have read a great deal of postings here about GFS for parts upgrades (I am beginning the upgrade process on my STL50), but have also seen several positive reviews for Bezdez on ebay who apparently offers similar quality parts for less and lower s/h costs. Anyone have experience with BOTH and can comment? I can get ss saddles and roller trees from Bezdez for $15 incl s/h and the same at GFS would be $25. I am obviously leaning toward Bezdez, but wanted to see if anyone had bought upgrade parts from GFS, then found Bezdez for their next project and found the quality to be the same.

Thanks!

2. Blooz1

Blooz1 New Member

I recently ordered a Wilkinson roller bridge from Bezdez, and it was $16 vs. $25 at GFS for the same part. Shipping was $5, coming from Canada as compared to my last order from GFS, which was a set of SS saddles for a strat. The GFS shipping was $6, with the parts coming 1st class mail.

The bridge I ordered was shipped out the same day I ordered it, and took about a week to get here. (Toronto vicinity to Connecticut)

3. BigPigDave

BigPigDave New Member

Though I havent purchased Bezdez,, I have installed a couple Bezdez pickups and I would say they're pretty much the same lines as GFS or GuitarHeads.net pickups (i.e. Artec made)

it's just a matter of what you'd want to spend really between the two.

Personally, I think Guitarheads.net has the better pickups if you're looking for hard hitting ceramic types - their line is different (spec wise) from GFS and most of the time, less exspensive as well...

4. Geoffrey Charles

Geoffrey Charles New Member

Bezdez is great to deal with.

5. gmzanatta

gmzanatta New Member

Bezdez is really great. As for parts quality, if it's the same as their GFS counterpart (which most of the time it is) I say go with Bezdez. Last order I had from them was for a P-90 pick-up, some pots, lockign tuners and a wilkinson roller bridge. All well worth the money and shipping was very fast (I am in Canada however).

6. JoePerry4Life

JoePerry4Life New Member

Yeah I ordered a shit ton of parts from bezdez, got it fast as well (also in canada though). I also ordered parts from gfs alot as well. THey are pretty much the same.

7. jumboshrimp

jumboshrimp New Member

I'd say bezdez is better for small parts like saddles, nuts and bridges, but I wouldn't buy like a floyd rose from them. They are great to deal with, and most of their items ship for five bucks if you buy them together.

8. Fomoiri

Fomoiri New Member

I have ordered from Bezdez once for copper solder-less tape, 2 six foot rolls for $12 incl. shipping.

Another place that has good stuffs is Pinup Music Parts who are on ebay as well as their own website-store. Prices seem decent to me. Great selection on guitar & amp knobs.

9. gs strings

gs strings Well-Known Member

I've bought parts from both Bezdez and GFS and both are of equal quality.Bezdez is slightly cheaper and I tend to order from them the most,shipping takes about a week.

10. strumbum

strumbum Well-Known Member

I've ordered parts from both sellers. Bezdez has better prices & cheaper shipping.

The parts both offer are most likely ordered from the same factories. It's amazing to me that shipping is cheaper from Canada.... Bezdez only charges $5.00 shipping, even when ordering multiple items.

11. Overt1

Overt1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

in front of my still shiny new iMac. Problem?
    bezdez has cheap shipping, cheap parts, fast replies.

12. Daneman

Daneman Well-Known Member

Got my order from them today. Ordered it last Sat. These guys rock !!!

13. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky New Member

+1 - unless i want specific pickups/parts from GFS that nobody else has, bezdez = lower price/lower ship. :bigthumb:

14. DerDrache

DerDrache New Member

For multiple items, do you just add them all at the same time and hope that they're all fulfilled at the same time?

15. Overt1

Overt1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

in front of my still shiny new iMac. Problem?
    you can pay for all of them at once. you don't have to hope

16. Fomoiri

Fomoiri New Member

For Bezdez ebay, buy all the items you want, if it's one item, like copper tape just enter the quantity in the box next to it. They may do a combined shipping for multiple items - something to ask before hand.

If the seller does a lot of transactions, I usually ask about combined shipping and let them know I will be buying several items so they will get shipped at the same time. Haven't done it with Bezdez but have with others.